There has been a revision to the licencing requirements for Racing Cars and Sport Libre Cars OVER 1100cc

Here’s what the 2018 MSA Blue Book says:


“Any Driver competing in a Racing or Sports Libre car of more than 1100cc, or equivalent forced induction, with the exception of a pre’1994 Formula Ford 1600 in compliance with the period Ford regulations, must hold a Speed National A or Race National A Licence (H.16.1.1), unless the car is currently licensed for use on the public highway and competes
in the event in a road-legal condition.”

The National A Open requirement still applies to Racing Cars and Sports Libre OVER 2000cc!

Anthony Record – Guston Down Press Officer